At SDSU, athletics unite students in school spirit, friendship and a passion for physical fitness. SDSU participates in NCAA Division I sports. With a student ID card, SDSU students can support their favorite teams for free. Free student tickets are available for all home events, including football games at Qualcomm Stadium and basketball games at Viejas Arena.
For Aztecs seeking an active lifestyle, campus recreation includes the state-of-the-art Aztec Recreation Center fitness facility, a variety of intramural sports leagues and club teams, a bowling and games center, and the Mission Bay Aquatic Center.
NCAA Division I Teams
|Women's athletic teams||Men's athletic teams|
Swimming & Diving
Track and Field
- Aztec Aquaplex: This new facility is home to the SDSU swimming and water polo teams. It features a 50-meter pool for lap swimming and diving, a 7,200-square-foot recreation pool, and a hydro-therapy spa. In addition, the Aquaplex offers a variety of water aerobics classes.
- Aztec Tennis Center: Home to men's and women's tennis. The 12 courts are surfaced with a similar surface to what is used at the National Tennis Center, home of the U.S. Open, in New York.
- Qualcomm Stadium: Home to the SDSU football team, the San Diego Chargers, Poinsettia Bowl and Holiday Bowl. Has hosted the Super Bowl, and Major League Baseball's World Series and All-Star Game.
- SDSU Sports Deck: Home for men's and women's soccer and women's track. Sits atop one of the university's parking structures.
- Tony Gwynn Stadium: Home of Aztec baseball. Features a press box alumni lounge, baseball museum, souvenir shop, and barbecue/picnic area.
- Viejas Arena: Home of Aztec basketball. Seats 12,414 fans. Features an open-air concourse.
- Aztec Recreation Center (ARC): Fitness and recreation facility featuring a cardio room, weight training room, fitness room, group exercise classes, multi-purpose gyms, and a 30-foot rock-climbing wall.
- Aztec Adventures: Offers more than 50 hiking, rafting and backpacking expeditions to the Grand Canyon, Alaska, Mexico, and more each year.
- Intramural Leagues: Bowling, dodge ball, flag football, indoor soccer, innertube water basketball, kickball, softball, ultimate Frisbee, and more for individuals or groups of friends.
- Sports Clubs: Collegiate club teams, including badminton, cycling, dance, ice hockey, rugby, ski and snowboarding, surfing, ultimate Frisbee, and more, that compete against other college teams.
- Bowling and Games Center: Full-service bowling and games center available for drop-in recreation and private parties.
- Mission Bay Aquatic Center: Earn university credit in courses such as surfing, sailing, kayaking, wakeboarding, and windsurfing.