Step 5—Pay Basic Tuition and Fees
Basic tuition and fees are due a few weeks before your registration date. Students from outside California must pay their additional nonresident tuition before the first day of classes.
You are not billed for these fees. You will receive a notice in early June telling you to go to “My Registration” in your SDSU WebPortal for your registration date and fee payment information. After your first semester, you are responsible for checking your WebPortal for this information.
Pay your fees by your fee payment deadline using the Student Account Services website in order to register on your assigned registration date.
Things to remember when paying your basic tuition and fees:
- If you paid the Intent to Enroll $400 deposit, subtract this amount from your basic tuition and fee payment. (If you are not sure, you may check your transaction history by selecting “Online Student Account Services” on the Student Account Services website.)
- Pay parking and student ID card fees with your basic tuition and fees if needed.
- Pay online using electronic check or credit card (MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card).
- To mail your basic tuition and fee payment, download a payment coupon from the WebPortal, follow the coupon instructions, and mail it with a check or money order.
- Or make a partial payment ($860) using the Basic Tuition and Fee Installment Plan by selecting “Online Student Account Services” on the Student Account Services website. Complete the Installment Contract online using My Payment Plan and submit payment using an electronic check or credit card (MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card).
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees.
If you are eligible for financial aid basic tuition and fee payment postponement, you may delay payment. You can determine your eligibility for financial aid fee payment postponement by accessing “My Registration” in the SDSU WebPortal. When your financial aid is disbursed, amounts due for basic tuition and fees and housing will be deducted automatically from the amount you receive. If your aid is unavailable or insufficient to cover all of your fees, you are responsible for paying your fees.
Any unpaid fees or additional fees incurred, due to lab fees or units added, will be billed to you after the schedule adjustment period deadline. Student Account Services will send you an email directing you to the Student Account Services website so that you can download and pay your balance. It is a good idea to check your student account (select “Online Student Account Services”) every few weeks in case you do not receive an email. The Billing Statement Dates schedule is located on the Student Account Services website.
Find out more about SDSU's costs of attendance.