The SDSU student WebPortal is used to keep applicants informed of the current status of their application.
To check your application status:
- Log into your WebPortal and click on "Admission Status".
- Deadlines to submit required documents will be listed under "Documents Required for Admission".
- A green checkmark () indicates that a required document has been received and determined to be complete.
- A red "X" () indicates that a document is missing, unofficial, or an admission requirement has not been completed.
What does my application status mean?
- Incomplete Application File*
A document (transcript and/or diploma/degree certificate) or test score required by the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office is missing or submitted in an unofficial format. An incomplete application status indicates further action is required by the applicant.
- University Evaluating File for Preliminary Eligibility*
Admission file is complete and being evaluated to determine if the applicant has met the minimum SDSU requirements for admission. See SDSU Graduate Bulletin for minimum requirements. There is no further action required of the applicant at this time.
- Department Reviewing File for Program Eligibility*
The SDSU Graduate Admissions Office has completed the initial evaluation of your file and it has been forwarded to the graduate department for review. Each graduate department makes admission recommendations based on an applicant's completed file and supplemental documents (resume, personal statement, letter of recommendation). If the graduate department makes an admissions recommendation, the decision will be indicated in the applicant's SDSU WebPortal and an email notification will be sent. There is no action required by the student if the admission status is indicated as department review.
*Please note this status only applies to required documents submitted to the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office. Applicants should check with their individual department for the status of required supplemental materials.
Document Processing Time
During peak application periods, allow up to three weeks for processing AFTER documents have been delivered to SDSU. The status of documents and test scores will be updated in the applicant's SDSU WebPortal AFTER they have been evaluated by the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office.
If you have questions about the status of an incomplete application, please contact us.
If you have question about program-specific application materials, please contact the department.