Step 2—Create an SDSU WebPortal Account
Within two weeks of submitting your CSUMentor application, you will receive an email from San Diego State University prompting you to create an SDSU WebPortal account. The email will contain your RedID number, which is your SDSU student identification number. The SDSU WebPortal is a system that is used to conduct transactions as it relates to admission, enrollment, and registration. Students use the WebPortal for checking the status on their application, accessing registration information, ordering transcripts, and updating official contact information.
- Go to www.sdsu.edu/portal.
- Enter your RedID number as the username.
- In the password field, enter your date of birth (MMDDYY). For example, if you were born on April 7, 1996, your password is 040796.
- A temporary password will be sent to your email account. After you log in, you will be given instructions on creating a new secure password.
Guidelines for Creating a WebPortal Account
- You must have a valid email address to create your WebPortal account.
- Check your spam and junk email folders to ensure your privacy settings are not preventing you from receiving email from SDSU. Your email privacy settings should be adjusted to receive SDSU emails.
- If you need additional assistance activating your WebPortal account, please contact the SDSU Office of the Registrar at (619) 594-6871 or by email at email@example.com.