How to Apply
First, follow the graduate steps to apply.
Then, submit to the department:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement: Statements should include your areas of interest and which faculty members you would like to work with
- A writing sample (preferably an academic paper). If this is not available, send an extended, three to five page personal statement
- A copy of unofficial transcripts
- See application information on the Department of Sociology Web page at sociology.sdsu.edu
Fall 2013 Deadline
Step 1: CSUMentor Application—March 1*
Step 2 and 3: File Completion—April 1*
*All application materials must be submitted to Graduate Admissions and to the department by February 1 to receive priority consideration for admission and funding. Applications completed after this deadline cannot be considered for non-resident tuition waivers (available on a limited basis to out-of-state and international students).
Domestic Applicants: Closed
International Applicants: Closed