Financial Statement Form & Supporting Financial Documents
All admitted international students planning to attend SDSU on an F-1 student visa must submit financial documentation to provide evidence of funding for a minimum of one year. An SDSU I-20 will only be issued once your financial documents are approved by the SDSU Office of Admissions. International applicants with other visa categories, permanent residency or U.S. citizenship do not need to submit this financial documentation.
To complete your financial documents, admitted students must submit the following:
- SDSU Financial Statement Form.
- Supporting financial documentation following these guidelines:
- Bank information should be dated within the past six months.
- Funding can be come from one, or a combination of, the following: applicant’s personal funds, funds from a parent, relative, or other sponsor), Cultural Mission/Office, graduate assistantship, or athletic scholarship.
- See the International Costs of Attendance for amount required for your program.
- Funds can be in USD or in the currency of your home country.
- If submitting a bank statement in a foreign language, the sponsor’s name must appear in English.
Submitting your Financial Documents
Once you receive your notice of admission, you should submit your financial documents to the SDSU Office of Admissions by email at email@example.com or by mail:
Office of Admissions
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7455