Step 2—Request Mailing of Your I-20
Once your SDSU Financial Statement Form and supporting documents are approved by the SDSU Office of Admissions, you will receive an email with instructions on receiving your I-20. The mailing process differs for students living outside the United States and students living in the U.S. attending a U.S. Institution. Please review the section below that applies to you.
SDSU uses University Express Mail Services, an eShipGlobal Company, to send your I-20 through express mail (DHL or Federal Express). The cost of shipping your I-20 will be paid once by SDSU. To request the shipping of your I-20, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the University Express Mail Services website, select "Sign Up," and complete the student registration form.
- You will then receive an email with the subject line "UEMS-Activation". Open this email and click on the link to activate your eShipGlobal account.
- Once you activate your account, select "Student/Scholar Login" at the top of the page and login to your account.
- Click "Receive documents from your University" and type "San Diego State University" in the University Search.
- Complete "Step 1- Shipment Creation" and click "Continue". You will need to include your RedID number, mailing address, email address and phone number. Please make sure you have entered the correct address before submitting your order.
- Complete "Step 2- Carrier Selection, Cost and Transit Time." Select the desired service (DHL or Federal Express) and click "Continue." SDSU will pay for the cost of shipping once. Subsequent costs will not be paid by SDSU.
- SDSU International Admissions will be notified of your request and will schedule the shipping of your documents. You can track the delivery status of your I-20 by logging into your eShipGlobal account.
NOTE: If you live outside the United States and would like your I-20 mailed to an address in the United States (using the U.S. Postal Service), email your request to email@example.com. Your email should include your full name, RedID number, and the U.S. address where you would like your documents mailed.
Upon completion of your program, San Diego State University will issue your I-20 when your current school transfers your SEVIS record to SDSU. Your SDSU I-20 will be sent, using the U.S. Postal Service, to the U.S. mailing address indicated in your SDSU WebPortal. It is important that you keep your mailing address current in your SDSU WebPortal.
You must notify the International Student Adviser at your school of your intent to transfer to SDSU. Please use the admission letter that is included in your welcome packet to provide evidence of your acceptance to SDSU. The SDSU SEVIS School Code is SND214F00142000.