Step 6—Register for Classes

The F-1 student visa requires you to enroll as a full-time student each semester. International graduate students must take a minimum of 9 units per semester to meet the immigration requirements of the F-1 visa. Courses in Extended Studies or Open University do not count toward full-time status.

Please contact your department of study for assistance in selecting your classes. You should consult the Graduate Bulletin for a full listing of classes required by your program of study. You can begin planning your classes by visiting the Class Schedule website to determine which classes are being offered.