Step 5—Submit Proof of English Proficiency
All graduate and post-baccalaureate applicants applying to SDSU from an international institution must submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL minimum score of 80 iBT/ 550 PBT: Score must be sent electronically from Educational Testing Service (ETS) using the SDSU institution code: 4682. Test score must be from within the past two years.
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 or higher: Score report must be sent directly to the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office. Test score must be from within the past two years.
- Official transcripts indicating English as the principle language of instruction.
Guidelines for Submitting TOEFL and IELTS Exam Scores
- The name on your TOEFL/IELTS must match the name on your SDSU application. If the name does not match exactly, there will be a delay in matching the score to your file. If the name on your exam does not match the name on your application, submit a copy of your TOEFL/IETLS score report with your RedID number to email@example.com.
- If you did not specify SDSU as an institution to receive your test results at the time of your TOEFL testing, you may contact the Educational Testing Service (ETS) at (609) 771-7267 to have the scores forwarded to SDSU (institution code: 4682). ETS charges a fee for the additional request.