Fall 2014 International Transfer Admission Criteria
San Diego State University accepts international transfer applications each year between October 1 and November 30 for fall admission for students who are attending a U.S. college or university. SDSU does not currently offer spring admission.
For applicants who are transferring from a foreign institution, the application deadline is May 1.
Who is a Transfer Student?
If you have taken any college-level courses (international or domestic) since your high school graduation, you are considered a transfer student. SDSU accepts transfer applications from applicants who will have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester units by the end of spring 2014.
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) with a grade of "C" or higher. The transferable units must include the general education "Golden Four" requirements.
Applicants attending a California institution should consult www.assist.org for course equivalents.
Applicants attending an institution outside of California should consult the SDSU Transfer Admission Planner for course equivalents.
- All SDSU applicants are ranked according to their grade point average and must meet the grade point average requirements for their major. The current average transfer GPA is 3.2.
- English Proficiency: All applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose native language is not English must meet University level competence in English through one of the following:
- Transfer students who have met all the eligibility requirements (a minimum of 60 semester units (90 quarter units) in general education coursework, AND 2 years of study at a U.S. institution) will have TOEFL/IELTS requirement waived.
- TOEFL Score of 80 iBT/ 550 paper (if transferring from an international institution where English was not the language of instruction)
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 (if transferring from an international institution where English was not the language of instruction)
*SDSU is accepting applications for a second bachelor's degree ONLY in the Nursing major.
**Students with international transcripts or students transferring from international universities who have completed all coursework outside the U.S. should consult the CSU Student Transfer Guideline for course equivalents. All transfer students with international coursework must submit their official transcripts to IERF (with official English translations if necessary) after applying to SDSU through CSUMentor.