Presidential Scholars Application Process
The Presidential Scholars application process is connected to the SDSU admissions process. You must be admitted to the university to be eligible for the Presidential Scholars program. Please note that applying to SDSU or for Presidential Scholars does not bind you to attending SDSU. Also, you are still eligible for state and federal financial aid and other scholarships as a Presidential Scholar.
How to Apply for Fall 2013
- Submit your SDSU admission application from October 1–November 30, 2012.
- Receive your admission letter and invitation to apply by early January 2013. Only students who are eligible and invited to apply will receive the application.
- Submit the Presidential Scholars application by the February 15, 2013 deadline.
- Submit the FAFSA by the February 2013 deadline. Your Presidential Scholars application cannot be considered until your FAFSA has been completed. Use SDSU's federal school code 001151.
- Receive notification of your Presidential Scholars offer in the mail by late April 2013. You must sign and return the Presidential Scholars contract by the deadline stated in the letter.
- Submit your Intent to Enroll by May 1, 2013 to confirm you will attend SDSU.