Step 4—Apply for Housing
The Office of Housing Administration (OHA) is pleased that you have been admitted to San Diego State University. You are invited to join our dynamic residential community.
- If you have not already done so, indicate your interest in on-campus housing in the "Admission Status" section of your WebPortal account. This will tell us that you are requesting an on-campus housing license agreement.
- The license agreement will be made available to you online via the WebPortal beginning in March. The license agreement is made available to students who: 1) have indicated interest in on-campus housing; and 2) have been admitted to SDSU.
- Once the license agreement is available, your priority for on-campus housing and living choices is determined by the date your completed license agreement and $375 non-refundable initial payment are received by the university. Therefore, the sooner you print, sign, and mail your completed license agreement and $375 non-refundable initial payment, the greater your chance of receiving your hall preference.
The Housing website provides detailed on-campus housing information. Please visit the website for more information regarding the housing application process, residence hall options, living communities, meal plans, and costs.
Transfer Living Areas and Residential Learning Communities
SDSU provides a variety of living communities tailored to your major and interests. Space is limited in these communities.
While most of our residents are freshmen, SDSU recognizes that many transfer students want to live with other students their own age. OHA tries to place transfer students with continuing residents or other transfer students. A transfer living area is reserved in University Towers.
Apartments, Residence Halls and Suites for Transfers
Living on campus at SDSU means freedom from frustrating commutes, costly utility bills, daily meal preparation, and cleaning. Residence hall rooms and suites are furnished and provide a number of amenities to make your on-campus living experience a positive one.
- Choice of several meal plans
- Ethernet, WiFi, and cable connections in each room
- Kitchenette for hall events
- Live-in staff in all halls
- Mail services
- Membership to the state-of-the-art Aztec Recreation Center
- Microfridge (combination microwave and mini-refrigerator/freezer) in most rooms
- Study lounges and recreation rooms
- Swimming pools and volleyball courts
- Weekly residence hall newsletter
Regardless of which community you choose, the SDSU residence halls provide a strong support network within your living environment and the opportunity to establish close-knit friendships.
To find out more about university housing options, visit the Housing website.