How and When to Apply
We accept undergraduate applications for fall admission during the October 1 to November 30 filing period. We do not accept undergraduate applications for spring admission.
SDSU uses the California State University common admission application through the Cal State Apply website. A nonrefundable filing fee of $55 must accompany your application. If you cannot apply online, contact the Office of Admissions to make special arrangements to apply electronically with campus assistance.
Plan ahead and apply early. Have the following items on hand before you begin your application:
- Unofficial transcripts. You'll be asked to enter all courses you've completed, those currently in progress, and any you plan to take.
- Your Social Security Number, if you have one.
- Your citizenship status.
- Credit card. Application fees are due at the time of submission and are paid by credit card.
- Annual income. If you are a dependent, then use your parents income. If you are independent, then use your income.
- CCCID and Campus ID. Required for ADT applicants from a California community college. These numbers should be printed on your transcript.
- Your parent's employment background and two recommendations. This applies only if you are applying to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).
Submit the Cal State Apply application and $55 fee during the October 1–November 30 filing period.
- Complete the SDSU Supplemental Application in your SDSU WebPortal account in January.
- Athletic Training: You must submit a separate application to the School of Exercise & Nutritional Sciences in addition to the Cal State Apply application. Additional admission criteria are required for acceptance to the Athletic Training major and the university. For more information, visit the School of Exercise & Nutritional Sciences website.
- Music and Dance majors: You must meet the CSU admissions requirement and successfully pass an audition, which are scheduled in February, for admission to the major and the university.
- Nursing majors: In addition to applying for admission online at Cal State Apply by November 30, 2017, you must also complete the SDSU Supplemental Application and answer the specific nursing questions by January 22, 2018. Upper-division and second bachelor's students applying to Nursing must complete Nursing prerequisite courses by the end of fall 2017. RN to BSN applicants applying to Nursing must complete Nursing prerequisite courses by the end of spring 2018. Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission. Upper-division and second bachelor students applying for the pre-licensed BSN program will be ranked for admission according to the School of Nursing's 80-Point System. If you are offered admission to SDSU, you will be required to submit official transcripts from all colleges attended that verify the information you provided. If there is a discrepancy between your transcripts and the information you provided, your offer of admission may be withdrawn.
- Television, Film and New Media – Production: Transfer students admitted to the pre-major in Television, Film, and New Media with an emphasis in Production are required to submit a petition portfolio the second Monday in April. Please visit http://ttf.sdsu.edu/index.php/degree_programs/tfm_transfer_students for additional information on the portfolio requirements.
- Theatre Arts – Performance Acting and Musical Theatre major: You must meet the CSU admissions requirement and successfully pass an audition, which are scheduled in January/February, for admission to the major and the university.
Admission decisions are initially based on self-reported data on the application, so we do not need your transcripts until after you are admitted. You must provide complete and accurate information on your application, such as college GPA based on transferable units, course titles and grades. Transcripts will be used to verify your self-reported information and any misreporting will jeopardize your admission status.