Seeing an Adviser
Major Academic Plans (MAPS)
Strategies and Resources for Selecting a Major
Student Checklist
Academic Calendar
GPA Calculator
Transfer Credit
Freshman Advising Toolbox

Academic Success

Advanced Placement Credit for Incoming Freshman
Course Repeat and Forgiveness
Registration Guide
Understanding the Degree Evaluation
Weber Honors College
Writing Placement Assessment


Nine Graduation Requirements
Your Degree Evaluation
Graduation Application
Graduation FAQ


Academic Program Overviews
Impacted Majors
Declaring/Changing Your Major


Probation/Disqualification Policies
Probation and Disqualification FAQ
Bounce Back Program for Probation Students
Readmission to SDSU

Related Resources

SDSU WebPortal
Class Schedule
General Catalog
Office of the Registrar
Career Services
Virtual Tour

Impacted Majors

All San Diego State University majors and pre-majors are designated as impacted, meaning they have more students wanting to declare that major than can be accommodated. Students who are admitted to SDSU are placed in the pre-major of that program (if all requirements are met at the time of admission).

All premajors must meet department-specific criteria to move from the premajor to the major, such as a specified minimum grade point average, completion of prerequisite courses, tests, and completion of a certain number of units. Students are advised to review the degree evaluation in WebPortal and review the Major Prep section for details on the impaction requirements for their major. In addition, students should refer to the General Catalog of the year in which they declared a major for official requirements.

Students may visit the Academic Advising Center (SSW-1551) to review catalogs from previous years.

View the most up-to-date academic program information on the General Catalog Courses and Curricula Index.

Students with questions related to their major can contact their major advisers (see the Directory of Major Advisers). New and prospective students may contact the Prospective Student Center at (619) 594-6336 or for more information.