What is the Compact?
Beginning with Hoover's class of 2011, students meeting the requirements will be guaranteed admission to San Diego State University through the College Avenue Compact of the City Heights Educational Collaborative.
An alternative path for Hoover students is attending San Diego City College before SDSU. Before leaving Hoover, your student can receive special services, such as SDSU advising, so that transferring from City College to SDSU is guaranteed if they meet university requirements. While at San Diego City College, students will also participate in small learning communities to promote success at the college level.
- Guaranteed admission to SDSU with the option to connect through San Diego City College (SDCC)
- Guidance while at SDSU/SDCC to help you graduate in four years
Eligibility begins with enrollment at Hoover High School in grade 9. Upon graduation from Hoover High School, students must have completed the following:
- Compete the 15-unit “a–g” college preparatory course requirements
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in “a–g” college preparatory courses
- Have taken the SAT or ACT test
- Satisfy the SDSU Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) test
- Satisfy the SDSU English Placement Test (EPT)
- Pass the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)