The Road to College
- Learn about college by attending “I’m Going to College” classroom lessons and parent workshops about college preparation.
- Visit SDSU.
- Attend “College: Making It Happen” presentations with parents to learn about college requirements, college systems, and financial aid.
- Visit SDSU.
- Create personalized four-year graduation plan with school counselors.
- Work with College Avenue Compact advisors and students from SDSU/SDCC to maintain university eligibility and address the “a-g” course requirements, GPA, and areas of need.
- Visit SDSU and SDCC.
- Parents: Attend workshops to review university requirements, deadlines, and financial aid.
- Attend the College Avenue Compact introductory assembly to learn about program requirements and how to plan for college.
- Focus on passing the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE).
- Take the CST Augmented Test and SAT/ACT exams during the spring semester.
- Attend the College Avenue Compact assembly to recognize 11th grade students who have maintained eligibility.
- Apply to SDSU October 1–November 30 of your senior year.
- Sign up for community college placement tests in the fall of your senior year.
- Apply for financial aid using the FAFSA in January of senior year.
- Work with school counselors to apply for scholarships.
Documents on this website labeled PDF are in Portable Document Format and require Adobe Reader to view and print. Download Adobe Reader free from the Adobe website.
The College Avenue Compact is part of the City Heights Educational Collaborative, an innovative educational initiative designed to assist inner-city children to achieve educational excellence. The Collaborative is a partnership among San Diego State University, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego Education Association, and Price Charities.