Dive into summer. Get ahead. Graduate sooner.
San Diego State University summer courses can help you get ahead in your coursework and stay connected to your professors and the campus over the summer. SDSU is offering hundreds of on-campus courses and more than 130 online courses in three short sessions. Taking just one summer session course can put you on track to graduate on time or leave room in your schedule for a valuable internship, study abroad experience, or participation in a student organization next year.
2017 Summer Session Dates
|Session||Dates||Length||Registration||Schedule Adjustment Deadline|
|Six Week Summer Session 1 (S1)||May 22 –
|6 weeks||April 10 –
|Thirteen Week Summer Session (T1)||May 22 –
|13 weeks||April 10 –
|Six Week Summer Session 2 (S2)||July 6 –
|6 weeks||April 10 –
SDSU is the place to be this summer
- Check your prerequisites off the list during the summer.
- See the student success fee at work. The fee helps SDSU pay the faculty needed for summer courses.
- SDSU courses showcase innovative instructional technology and practices.
- Online courses let you work, travel, and relax while still getting the job done in the (virtual) classroom.
Fees and Financial Aid
- Visit www.sdsu.edu/moneymatters for more information about summer fees.
- If you plan to use financial aid to assist with your summer costs, you must be enrolled in at least six units.
- Summer fee postponement: To qualify for a summer fee postponement, you must complete the online summer counseling. Within 48 hours of completing the counseling session, your summer tuition and fee payment postponement is activated with Student Account Services and the Office of the Registrar. Check www.sdsu.edu/financialaid and your AidLink record for current summer information and instructions.
- Summer aid eligibility: Beginning in late May, and after you have enrolled at least half time (six units or more) in summer session, your summer aid eligibility will be determined and you will be notified via AidLink.
Plan your schedule
- Visit the Academic Advising Center and your major adviser to help you create your summer class schedule.
- View the full SDSU class schedule at www.sdsu.edu/schedule.
When can you register?
- Registration starts in April. Head over to the SDSU WebPortal for your registration information starting February 17. If you are a newly admitted student, contact the Office of Admissions regarding your summer registration options.