Setting up your WebPortal account is a two-step process. First you will activate your account. Then you will receive an an activation code that you will use to log in and set your password.
Step 1: Activate your account
- Type your nine-digit SDSU RedID number which was emailed to you within two weeks after you applied. Don't know your RedID?
- Type your date of birth in MMDDYY format. For example, if you were born on June 20, 1994, type 062094.
- Click Activate.
- Complete the account setup form. You'll be asked to enter your last name and your Social Security number (international students without a Social Security number should enter their RedID).
- Submit the form. The system will send an activation code to your email address on file with SDSU.
Step 2: Log in to finalize account
- Check your email for your activation code.If you do not receive this email, first check your spam folder. You can also restart over from Step 1. Otherwise, the email address on file may be wrong — contact us to correct it.
- Log in to WebPortal as a current account holder using your RedID and the activation code from the email.
- Create a password.
For additional assistance
Applicants and admitted students: For questions related to your application, admission status, or WebPortal account, contact the Office of Admissions.
Current students: For questions related to registration or your WebPortal account status, contact the Office of the Registrar.