Founded in 1897, San Diego State University is a public institution of higher education located in southern California. SDSU is the oldest and largest university in San Diego and the third largest in the state. SDSU continues to gain recognition as a leader in higher education. It is currently ranked No. 68 among public universities and No. 140 overall among national universities in U.S. News & World Reportís annual ranking of Americaís Best Colleges.
- nearly 160 undergraduate majors and minors
- 16 preprofessional programs
- nearly 100 graduate degrees and credentials
- lifelong learning classes, seminars, and certificate programs through the College of Extended Studies
- Research: SDSU researchers continue to be among the most productive in the nation, securing contracts worth over $134 million.
- Study abroad: SDSU ranks No. 9 in the nation for the number of students studying abroad, in the latest Institute for International Education's Open Doors report, with a record number of 2,660 students studying abroad.
- Diversity: SDSU ranks seventh in the nation for ethnically diversity, according to U.S. News and World Report.
- Fulbright scholars: SDSU has had 88 students receive Fulbright awards, making SDSU a top producer in Fulbright winners.
- Total enrollment: 33,917
- Undergraduate enrollment: 29,377
- Graduate enrollment: 4,540
- 100+ countries represented
Admitted Student Profile Fall 2017
Average high school GPA: 3.87
Average SAT score: 1241
Average ACT score: 26.8
- Student organizations: 350+
- Greek life: 50+ fraternities and sororities
- Athletics: 18 NCAA Division I teams
- Study abroad: 335 programs
- ROTC: Army, Navy, and Air Force programs
- Community service: SDSU students volunteer tens of thousands of hours each year
- The San Diego Trolley is an affordable way to get from SDSU to all of the hot spots around San Diego, including Qualcomm Stadium, Fashion Valley mall, and Old Town San Diego.
- Viejas Arena is one of the premiere collegiate arenas in the nation: home to Aztec Basketball and host to entertainers such as Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Bon Jovi, Maroon 5 and Jennifer Lopez.
- KPBS, San Diego's public television and radio station, is owned and operated by SDSU. The station is rated among the top 10 public broadcasting stations in the country.