Step 5—Pay Basic Tuition and Fees
The Board of Trustees approved a tuition increase. Details about the increase can be found at www.calstate.edu/tuition-increase.
Basic tuition and fees are due a few weeks before your registration date. Students from outside California must pay their additional nonresident tuition before the first day of classes.
You will receive an email in early June telling you to go to “My Registration” in your SDSU WebPortal for your registration date and fee payment information. Pay your fees by your fee payment deadline using the Student Account Services website in order to register on your assigned registration date. After your first semester, you are responsible for checking your WebPortal for this information.
Steps to Pay Basic Tuition and Fees
- Log in to your SDSU WebPortal, select "My Registration" and Fall 2017.
- Click on "Pay fees online" and select "Make Payment" at top of the page.
- Click on Fall 2017, then select "Fall 2017 Undergraduate Students: Fall 2017 Basic Tuition and Fees for Undergraduate Students - Main Campus".
- Select "Fall 2017 Basic Tuition and Fees" for the amount required. Please note: Your $400 Intent to Enroll deposit has been applied toward your fall basic tuition and fees.
- Include parking and student ID card fees with your basic tuition and fees, if needed.
- Click "Add to Basket", then select "Check out".
- Select method of payment and complete your payment:
- Pay online using your checking account information (eCheck) or credit card (American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard or Visa).
- Mail your payment by downloading a payment coupon from the SDSU WebPortal, following the coupon instructions, and mailing it with a check or money order.
- Make a partial payment using the Basic Tuition and Fee Installment Plan by selecting "Online Student Account Services" on the Student Account Services website. Complete the Installment Contract online using My Payment Plan and submit payment using your checking account information (eCheck) or credit card (American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, or Visa).
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).
If you are eligible for financial aid basic tuition and fee payment postponement, you may delay payment. You can determine your eligibility for financial aid fee payment postponement by accessing “My Registration” in the SDSU WebPortal. When your financial aid is disbursed, amounts due for basic tuition and fees and housing will be deducted automatically from the amount you receive. If your aid is unavailable or insufficient to cover all of your fees, you are responsible for paying your fees.
Any unpaid fees or additional fees incurred, due to lab fees or units added, will be billed to you after the schedule adjustment deadline. Student Account Services will send you an email directing you to the Student Account Services website so that you can download and pay your balance. It is a good idea to check your student account (select “Online Student Account Services”) every few weeks in case you do not receive an email. The Billing Statement Dates schedule is located on the Student Account Services website.
Find out more about SDSU's costs of attendance.