Are you looking for Mass Communication and Media Studies?
The MA in Communication is concerned with human communication. Students analyze the patterns, dimensions, and strategies of communicating that (a) enhance relationships and well-being; (b) provide understanding of social problems; (c) promote organizational and civic responsibility; and (d) develop participation in a global community. This program does not have a focus on journalism, radio/TV, media studies, or mass communication.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply to the University through Cal State Apply.
Step 2: Submit required documents to Graduate Admissions.
Please note that the Cal State Apply application must be completed PRIOR to the program application. Please plan to complete the Cal State Apply application AT LEAST one week before the program deadline.
Fall 2018 Deadlines*
- Submit Cal State Apply Application – March 1
- Submit Documents to Graduate Admissions – April 1
- Complete Program Application – April 1
* Admissions priority will be given to those who submit the Cal State Apply application by February 1 and submit all materials by March 1. See the department website for additional information.
- Not currently accepting applications for Spring semester