Step 1—Submit Financial Statement Form and Supporting Financial Documents
All admitted international students planning to attend SDSU on an F-1 student visa must submit financial documents issued within the past six months to provide evidence of funding for a minimum of one academic year. International students planning to attend SDSU with other visa categories (i.e. H4 or H1B), permanent residency or U.S. citizenship are not required to submit financial documentation.
Admitted international students must submit the following:
- SDSU Financial Statement Form
- Supporting financial documents dated within the past six months
Guidelines for completing this step:
- See International Cost of Attendance for the estimated minimum costs required to attend SDSU.
- Funding can come from one, or a combination of the following: Applicant’s Personal Funds, Funds from a Sponsor (Parent or Relative), Government Sponsor, Funds or Scholarship from SDSU.
- Funds can be in USD or in the currency of your home country.
- Funds must be available for use (i.e. savings, checking, or investment accounts that cash can be withdrawn from immediately).
- If submitting a bank statement in a foreign language, the account holders name should also appear in English.
Submit completed financial documents to the SDSU Office of Admissions by email at email@example.com or by mail:
Office of Admissions
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7455
Note: An I-20 will only be mailed if your Financial Statement Form and supporting documents are approved by the SDSU Office of Admissions.