Step 1—Complete the Cal State Apply Application
Complete the Cal State Apply online application with the $55 USD nonrefundable application fee. Submit the online application with the nonrefundable $55 USD application fee before submitting any other documents. Your application to San Diego State University cannot be submitted unless the $55 application fee is paid.
Guidelines for Completing the Cal State Apply Application
- The name on your Cal State Apply application should match the name as it appears on your passport.
- Date of birth must be written in Month/Day/Year format (mm/dd/yyyy).
- You are required to select an intended major/program of study. Undeclared is not an option.
- If you are applying to the International Business major, then you must select a language emphasis that is not your native language.
- After you submit your application you will receive an email confirmation.
- Do not submit transcripts or test scores prior to submitting the online application.