Step 1—Submit Financial Statement Form and Supporting Documents
All admitted international students planning to attend San Diego State University on an F-1 student visa must submit financial documents issued within the past six months to provide evidence of funding for a minimum of one academic year. Students planning to attend SDSU with other visa categories (i.e. H4 or H1B), permanent residency, or U.S. citizenship are not required to submit financial documentation.
Admitted international students must submit the following:
- SDSU Financial Statement Form
- Financial documents dated within the past six months.
- A copy of your passport.
Guidelines for Completing this Step
- See International Cost of Attendance for the estimated minimum costs required to attend SDSU.
- Funding can come from one, or a combination of, the following: Applicant’s Personal Funds, Funds from a Sponsor(s) (Parent or Relative), Government Sponsor, Funds or Scholarship from SDSU.
- Funds can be in USD or in the currency of your home country.
- Funds must be readily available for use (i.e. savings, checking, or investment accounts that cash can be withdrawn from immediately).
- If submitting a bank statement in a foreign language, the account holders name must appear in English.
Submit completed financial documents and a copy of your passport to the SDSU Office of Admissions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Office of Admissions
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7455
NOTE: I-20 will only be mailed after your Financial Statement Form and supporting documents are approved by the SDSU Office of Admissions.