Veterans Educational Benefits
The Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center offers assistance with applying for education benefits. The following educational benefits are available to veterans and dependents at SDSU:
- Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®)
- Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill® - Transfer of Entitlement)
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill® - Reservists)
- Chapter 1607 (Montgomery GI Bill® - Reserve Educational Assistance Program)
- Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)
- California Veterans Fee Waiver Program (Dependents of Veterans with a Service-Connected Disability)
Service members, veterans and dependents who want to use their federal VA educational benefits while enrolled at SDSU must submit a Student Responsibility Agreement each term of enrollment. Students receiving only the California Veterans Fee Waiver Program are NOT required to fill out the form. Please follow these steps:
- Register for classes.
- Complete the Student Responsibility Agreement, which can be completed electronically.
- After responding to each category, PRINT the agreement.
- SIGN the document.
- New and/or transfer (first semester at SDSU), as well as those who have changed their major, must submit a copy of VA Form 22-1995.
- DELIVER to the Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center, along with any supporting information.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon notification of admission to SDSU, if you plan on using GI Bill benefits, submit your VA certificate of Eligibility immediately to the Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center.
New students utilizing Ch. 33, must provide a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility. Please note that in order for a student to use their benefits while attending SDSU, the student must be a regularly matriculated student and all classes taken must be required for the educational objective selected. Graduate level students must provide an approved degree plan from their department adviser. That form (the Graduate Student Worksheet) can be found here.
For answers regarding your GI Bill benefits, contact the Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center at (619) 594-5813 or at email@example.com
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
The absence of the registration symbol ® does not constitute a waiver of VA's trademark rights in that phrase.