Step 1: Determine the Type of Benefit(s) You Intend to Use
The Joan and Art Barron Veterans (JABVC), located in the Student Services West building, Room 1661, operates as the primary and initial resource for most military affiliated services at SDSU. Our mission is to assist military connected students – veteran, active duty, reserve, National Guard, and military spouses and children – with processing VA related benefits under a variety of different programs. These include:
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
For information on these benefits to include eligibility, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- California Department of Veterans Affairs College Fee Waiver for Veterans’ Dependents (“CalVet Fee Waiver”)
For information on the CalVet Fee Waiver, please visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Once you have determined for which benefit(s) you may qualify, proceed to step 2.