Step 1—Complete Cal State Apply Application
SDSU uses the California State University common admission application through the Cal State Apply website. The application requires a $55 fee that is non-refundable and may not be transferred to another term. Application fee waivers are not available to graduate applicants. If you cannot apply online, contact the Office of Admissions to make special arrangements to apply electronically with campus assistance.
Guidelines for Completing the Cal State Apply Application
- Your application to SDSU cannot be submitted unless the $55 fee is paid.
- Your application will only be reviewed for the intended program indicated on your Cal State Apply application.
- Only one application per student will be considered. Do not submit multiple applications.
- Review the list of graduate degree programs to confirm you are applying to the correct program.
- Provide an accurate and valid email address. If you fail to provide us with a valid email address, you will not receive information critical to your status as an applicant. Please adjust your privacy settings to ensure you receive emails from SDSU.
- After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email.