How to Apply
First, follow the graduate steps to apply.
Then, submit to the department:
- School of Art, Design, and Art History application form (available at http://art.sdsu.edu/site/docs/GradStudio_app.pdf)
- Statement of purpose addressing your professional goals and reasons for selecting the School of Art, Design, and Art History at SDSU for your pursuit of these goals
- Artist statement which describes the nature or content of the work shown in the portfolio
- Digital images of your work. All digital images must be accompanied by a printed thumbnail index. Digital images should not exceed 1024 x 768 pixels, and should be presented either as a collection of JPEG files in a folder along with a caption list, or as captioned images contained within a single PDF or with PowerPoint. Printed digital image samples are encouraged, but must be accompanied by disc in the above stated formats.
- Current résumé
- Two letters of recommendation from art instructors (or others) who are able to comment on your artistic potential in the area of specialization (letters can be sent separately or included with your application in sealed and signed envelopes)
- Transcripts—one copy of unofficial or official transcripts for all college- and univeristy-level institutions attended
- Any other materials required specifically in the instructions by your chosen discipline
- Return envelope with sufficient postage for the return of your portfolio
Fall 2013 Deadline
Step 1: CSUMentor Application—March 1
Step 2 and 3: File Completion—April 1*
*Priority will be given to those who complete their SDSU Graduate Application files by March 1.
All application materials including departmental requirements must be submitted by the file completion date.
Domestic Applicants: Closed
International Applicants: Closed