Fall 2017 Transfer Applicants
Applying to SDSU as a transfer student is a two-step process for all applicants. Transfer applicants will submit:
- Cal State Apply Application: The application filing period is October 1 to November 30 for admission to the fall term. Submit the Cal State Apply application and designate San Diego State University as the campus to receive your application.
- Supplemental Application: Transfer applicants must also submit a supplemental application, which will be available in the SDSU WebPortal beginning in January. This step is not optional. Your admission to SDSU will be based on the information you provide on the supplemental application. The deadline to complete the supplemental application will be January 23, 2017.
Applicants to Athletic Training, Dance, Music, Television, Film and New Media – Production and Theatre Arts: Performance Acting and Musical Theatre will receive further instructions by the department regarding additional requirements such as an audition or application. For more information, review the Majors with Special Instructions page.
Upper-division nursing transfers and second bachelor's in nursing applicants must submit the Cal State Apply and Supplemental applications. Follow the steps and deadlines listed above.
What Happens Next
Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. There are steps you can take to make sure you have a smooth admissions experience:
- Create your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Complete your supplemental application in the SDSU WebPortal in January 2017.
- Check your admission status periodically through the SDSU WebPortal.
- Keep your email address updated.
Notices of admission will be available in your WebPortal in March 2017. To accept an offer of admission, you must submit the online Intent to Enroll deposit and official transcripts with fall 2016 grades by May 1, 2017. You will also separately submit final official transcripts with spring 2017 term grades postmarked by June 30, 2017.
Keep Your Grades Up!
Admission is based on self-reported information from your Cal State Apply and supplemental applications. Once you are provisionally admitted, we will verify this information against your official transcript(s). Please make sure to report accurate information.
Your admission may be rescinded for reasons such as the following:
- Your GPA or course grades are lower than what you reported on the application
- You miss any admission deadlines
- You earn D or F grades
- You misreported or did not complete a required course
For information about SDSU's transfer admission requirements, including completion of 60 units, General Education, preparation for the major courses, and GPA, please review the transfer admission criteria.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss any admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal. Learn about our appeals process.