Fall 2015 Transfer Applicants
Applying to SDSU as a transfer student is a two-step process for all applicants (except for nursing applicants who have a different process). Transfer applicants will submit:
- CSUMentor Application: The application filing period is October 1 to November 30 for admission to the fall term. Submit the CSUMentor application and designate San Diego State University as the campus to receive your application.
- Supplemental Application: Transfer applicants must also submit a supplemental application, which will be available in the SDSU WebPortal beginning in January. This step is not optional. Your admission to SDSU will be based on the information you provide on the supplemental application. The deadline to complete the supplemental application is TBD.
You will not be considered for admission until you have completed both steps. Applicants to Music and Dance, Theatre Arts (Performance) and Athletic Training majors will receive further instructions by the department regarding additional requirements such as an audition or application.
Upper-division nursing transfers and second bachelor's in nursing applicants must submit the CSUMentor and the nursing application by November 30, 2014 and send transcripts, enrollment verification, and test scores to the SDSU Office of Admissions by January 30, 2015 as instructed below to complete your application.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges you attended (including fall 2014 grades) to the SDSU Office of Admissions. SDSU will accept only electronic transcripts from the schools listed on www.sdsu.edu/electronictranscripts. Please ensure that you indicate this preference when making your request.
- Submit enrollment verification from any schools you plan to enroll in spring 2015, if applicable.
- Send official transcripts for International Baccalaureate credit to SDSU, if applicable.
- Send Advanced Placement exam scores to SDSU, if applicable.
- Request your military transcripts (DD214, JST) be sent to SDSU, if applicable.
By January 30, 2015, send all official transcripts electronically (if available) or by mail to:
What Happens Next
Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. There are steps you can take to make sure you have a smooth admissions experience:
- Create your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Complete your supplemental application in the SDSU WebPortal in January 2015.
- Check your admission status periodically through the SDSU WebPortal.
- Keep your email address updated.
Notices of admission will be available in your WebPortal by mid-March 2015. To accept an offer of admission, you must submit the online Intent to Enroll deposit and official transcripts with fall 2014 grades by May 1, 2015. You will also separately submit final official transcripts with spring 2015 term grades postmarked by June 30, 2015.
Keep Your Grades Up!
Admission is based on self-reported information from your CSUMentor and supplemental applications. Once you are provisionally admitted, we will verify this information against your official transcript(s). Please make sure to report accurate information.
Your admission may be rescinded for reasons such as the following:
- Your GPA or course grades are lower than what you reported on the application
- You miss any admission deadlines
- You earn D or F grades
- You misreported or did not complete a required course
For information about SDSU's transfer admission requirements, including completion of 60 units, General Education, preparation for the major courses, and GPA, please review the transfer admission criteria.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss any admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal. Learn about our appeals process.