Seeing an Adviser
Major Academic Plans (MAPS)
Strategies and Resources for Selecting a Major
Student Checklist
Academic Calendar
GPA Calculator
Transfer Credit
Freshman Advising Toolbox

Academic Success

Advanced Placement Credit for Incoming Freshman
Course Repeat and Forgiveness
Registration Guide
Understanding the Degree Evaluation
Weber Honors College
Writing Placement Assessment


Nine Graduation Requirements
Your Degree Evaluation
Graduation Application
Graduation FAQ


Academic Program Overviews
Impacted Majors
Declaring/Changing Your Major


Probation/Disqualification Policies
Probation and Disqualification FAQ
Bounce Back Program for Probation Students
Readmission to SDSU

Related Resources

SDSU WebPortal
Class Schedule
General Catalog
Office of the Registrar
Career Services
Virtual Tour

Seeing an Adviser

The best time to see an adviser is before you have a problem - "Bee advised, don't get stung!"

The Academic Advising Center is busiest during registration periods and the first weeks of classes. Plan ahead to avoid these busy times. Faculty advisers (major advisers) are not always available during the summer months or between semesters. See the Academic Advising Center's hours and location.

Four Types of Advisers

Academic Advising Center (AAC) Advisers

The Academic Advising Center can help you:

  • Understand graduation requirements
  • Develop an academic plan
  • Evaluate transfer credit
  • Choose or change a major
  • Plan your next semester's schedule
  • Satisfy mathematics and writing competencies
  • Remove probationary status to avoid disqualification
  • File for graduation

Major Advisers

Major advisers are available for each individual major. At, you can find the faculty adviser for your specific major. Your faculty adviser will help you choose your upper division courses. He or she can also answer questions regarding career opportunities and graduate studies in your major field.

Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Advisers

EOP advisers are available for EOP students. Advisers can be found in the Office of EOP/Ethnic Affairs, Student Services East, Room 2209, (619) 594-6298.

Preprofessional Advisers

Preprofessional advisers are available for students pursuing a preprofessional career (pre-medical, pre-law, etc.). Contact the adviser assigned to your preprofessional area.

Support Services

Student Affairs offers support services for students with special needs, those enrolled in special programs, or students seeking personal and career counseling.

  Office: Location: Telephone Number:
  Career Services Student Services East 1200 594-6851
  Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) Calpulli Center 4401 594-5220
  Student Disability Services (SDS) Calpulli Center 3100 594-6473